Sunday, March 8, 2009

Walgreens Score!


*Let me preface this post by saying that I have been wanting to find deals I could do where I can donate the things I'm getting for free or nearly free.*


I went to Walgreens today to see what kind of deals I could score. And score I did! I have been reading about the Huggies deal at Walgreens for a week now, and it's finally here. Here's what I bought:


2 Fructis Shampoos $5.98

3 Orbit Gums $1.98

1 Trial Size Gillette Body Wash $.99

1 Advil PM 20 ct. $4.49

3 Huggies Jumbo Packs Size 1 $30

1 Sambucol Cold & Flu Relief $12.99


Total: $56.43


Coupons Used:

(2) $1/1 Fructis Shampoo (-$2)

(2) $2/1 Walgreens Fructis IVC* (-$4)

(1) $.99/3 Walgreens Orbit IVC (-$.99)

(1) $2/1 Advil PM (-$2)

(3) $5/1 Huggies (-$15)

(1) $4/1 Sambucol (-$4)

(1) $10/1 Walgreens Sambucol IVC (-$10)


I also used 3 Register Rewards (RR) from a previous purchase totalling $7.50, bringing my total coupons used to $45.49.


My total OOP was $10.94. I received a $10 RR for the diaper purchase and a $2 RR for the Advil PM, making my actual total $1.06 profit!


Now I can take those 3 Jumbo packs of Huggies diapers to Pregnancy Resource Center or something similar and benefit some other mothers in need.

*IVC's are "Instant Value Coupons" that are in the Walgreens Easy Saver Catalog. Even when the coupon has a limit (as on the Garnier Fructis coupon), scanning the coupon will take the discount off each of the items.

No comments:

Post a Comment