Thursday, March 26, 2009

Easy Crockpot Chicken Stroganoff



One of the best ways to save money is to cook at home! Some of us aren't huge fans of cooking, so we are always looking for ways to make it easier or more fun. So, I've decided to start posting an easy meal idea on Thursdays.

This week I'm giving you the recipe for Crockpot Chicken Stroganoff. It's the easiest recipe ever and I absolutely LOVE it! Before I tried this, I'd always had stroganoff with beef. This was new for me, but I'm a fan now!


3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 pt. sour cream (regular, light or fat free)
1 package dry onion soup mix
1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
Egg noodles or rice

Place 3-4 chicken breasts in the crockpot.
In separate bowl, mix sour cream, onion soup mix and mushroom soup. Pour it over chicken and cook on low 8 hours or 4 hours on high.
Pull chicken breasts out of sauce and shred it. Place it back into the sauce and stir to mix.
Pour over egg noodles or rice. We use whole wheat noodles or brown rice for added nutrition.


*Note: For those of you who know about Weight Watchers, this recipe is CORE if you use fat free sour cream, 98% (or higher) fat free condensed soup and whole wheat pasta or brown rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment